Life Enrichment Assistant
Company: Heritage Communities
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
--We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.--
Ronald ReaganAre you looking for a career that is meaningful, and
provides you with an opportunity to help others? At Heritage
Communities, we exist to make lives better for our active
residents. If you're ready to make an impact in the lives of
others, we invite you to reach out to us today! Job Summary The
Life Enrichment Assistant is responsible for life enrichment
services and programs including intellectual, educational, social,
cultural, religious, physical, volunteer and creative activities.
The incumbent ensures engaging resident activities, complies with
company policies, local, state and federal regulations and supports
the advancement of our business strategy. The Life Enrichment
Assistant promotes a positive culture that focuses on our core
values of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun for residents and
associates. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated
behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion,
Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents,
families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies,
vendors and third-party providers.
- Assist in readying associates and community for inspection by
regulatory agencies through regular quality assessments, completing
corrective actions, accurate and current record keeping practices,
policy compliance, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Meet with prospective families or residents, coordinate
resident move-in's and facilitate new resident orientations.
- Plan, execute and promote community activities and events based
upon resident interests, talents and hobbies.
- Create and develop activities plans, schedules and promotional
- Assist with creation of community newsletter, promotions and
posts to social media and company websites.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and hazard-free community environment
through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and
safe work practices. Education and Experience
- 1+ years of experience in a senior living or related industry
- 1+ years of experience in activity development, planning and
- 1+ years of experience providing care to cognitive and
memory-care residents or patients preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in business, accounting or
related field preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to provide resident
transportation and/or serve alcoholic beverages at community
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving
record. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups
including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at
various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of Compassion, Trust,
Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and advocacy for our
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations involving
emotions or conflict.
- Creative problem solving, negotiation and persuasion skills.
Work Environment Work takes place in a typical office environment
equipped with a computer, phone and other office supplies. Work may
also take place in the outdoor environment. Position may also
involve exposure to latex, infections and communicable diseases.
Physical Requirements Must be able to assist residents with limited
mobility, move equipment or materials and lift/push/pull up to 50
pounds intermittently throughout the day. Travel 10% 25% (local
Keywords: Heritage Communities, Sioux City , Life Enrichment Assistant, Other , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!