Full Time Teller/Customer Service
Company: Bank Iowa Corporation
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Description: Job Purpose
Delivers friendly, superior client experience through timely and
accurate processing of accounts and transactions. Identifies client
needs not currently being met and refers to appropriate staff.
Treats clients with respect and dignity, either in person or on the
- Answers client questions and provides account information
either in person or on the phone.
- Assists clients with accessing safe deposit boxes and with
- Researches and troubleshoots client account issues and
- Closes out accounts per client request.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies
amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters
deposits into appropriate records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after
verification of identity and client balances and issues
- Counts currency, coins, and check received, by hand or using
currency-counting machine, to prepare them for deposit or shipment
to other bank locations or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Receives and counts daily inventories of cash, drafts,
travelers' checks, and gift cards.
- Receives loan payments, issues receipt and processes payments
per bank policy.
- Places holds on items per bank procedure.
- Redeems U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Runs coin machine, verifies totals and wraps coin.
- Opens the night deposit and processes per bank policy.
- Receives and processes check orders per bank policy.
- Sells and records official checks, travel / access and gift
- Orders and hot cards Debit Cards.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of
shifts, and calculates daily transactions using computers,
calculators, or adding machines. Reports discrepancies to
- Identifies transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not
- Processes stop payments per customer instructions and bank
policy. General Responsibilities
- Develops and applies knowledge of the products and services
available at the bank.
- Understands and complies with banking regulations by following
bank policies and procedures. Stays abreast of relevant
regulations, current industry matters, and any changes implemented
internally to ensure compliance.
- Has access to confidential information relating to clients and
accounts. Protects the privacy and confidentiality of clients,
other team members, and work.Requirements: Work Environment
Well-lit, climate-controlled office setting with occasional loud
noise during coin machine operation.
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- 6 months to 1 year cash handling/client experience, in
professional office environment preferred. Additional
- Ability to exhibit our values; Think Big, Be People-Centered,
Enable Great Things, and Bring your Best.
- Strong communication skills and conflict aversion sills
- Ability to work with others, such as co-workers, leaders, or
- Proficient in technology and services, such as Microsoft
Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint,
and Microsoft Word; on the job, will be using but not limited to:
alarm systems, accounting machines, coin machines, copy machines,
fax machines, and phones.
- Ability to bend, stoop, stand, sit, walk, or use hands
repetitively or for prolonged amounts of time
- Lifting (up to 20 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds
- Critical thinking and exemplary judgment and
- Social perceptiveness and active listening
- Mathematical, problem-solving and time management skills
- Willingness to learn and take on various tasks assigned by the
- Friendly delivery of client experience Hours of Work & Travel
- Full time employment
- Days and hours of operation vary with each Bank Iowa location.
May work weekends.
- No travel is required for this job. About Bank Iowa
At Bank Iowa our purpose is to Empower People, Inspire Success and
Foster Growth. With more than $1.7 billion in assets, Bank Iowa
ranks as one of the leading independent Ag banks and the
second-largest family owned bank in the state. Our bank family
consists of team members, farmers, families and businesses
throughout Iowa who we serve in our 26 locations. With an ongoing
commitment to community banking Bank Iowa aspires to be the bank of
choice for our clients, the career of choice for our team members,
a center of influence in our communities, and a point of pride for
our family owners.
While our purpose is our why behind all that we do, our values
allow us to fulfill our purpose. At Bank Iowa we strive to Be
People-Centered in everything we do. We encourage our team members
to Think Big beyond the immediate answer and to be creative and
innovative. Team members throughout Bank Iowa Enable Great Things
by taking ownership and going above and beyond. Last, we inspire
all team members to Bring Your Best each and every day.
What we Offer
- A competitive financial package - we want you to bring your
best so in addition to your compensation, every team member
receives a bonus opportunity, a generous 401k match, and
discretionary profit sharing.
- Robust benefits and wellness - we are proud to offer health,
dental and vision insurance as well as a wellness program designed
to help drive down your premiums. Our wellness initiatives promote
positive change and allows our team members to think big.
- Blending work and life - As a people-centered organization,
each team member is given a generous PTO bank. In addition to the
3-6 weeks of PTO based on years of service and work status, Bank
Iowa team members receive 10 paid observed holidays, 12 weeks of
parental leave for primary caregivers and 4 weeks of parental leave
for secondary caregivers, an opportunity for sabbatical leave,
generous bereavement, and an employee assistance program to support
team members throughout various stages in their lives.
- Continued learning opportunities - Bank Iowa enables great
things and supports team member development at every stage of your
career. Our development approach focuses on your innate talents and
developing those into areas of strengths. Learning experiences are
available in formal & informal training settings, as well,
on-the-job training. Development programs are available in-person
and online. Our tuition reimbursement program is available to
support formal education programs.
- Community Involvement - Our team members are active members of
their communities and people-centered. Bank Iowa aspires to be a
center of influence in each of the 24 communities we are located
in. In addition to company-sponsored volunteer opportunities, we
offer volunteer time off (VTO), which allows team members to give
their time to organizations they care about, without having to use
- Recognition - Bank Iowa is proud of our team members who Live
our Values. Our peer nominated recognition program presents team
members who Live our Values on an annual basis. Bank Iowa provides
equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their
race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Keywords: Bank Iowa Corporation, Sioux City , Full Time Teller/Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Denison, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...