Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.
Job Title: Bakery Clerk
Responsible for reviewing daily orders, preparing & replenishing
products in a prompt, efficient and friendly manner. Additionally
you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous,
friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager,
Assistant Managers of; Perishables, Store Operations, and Health
Wellness Home; Bakery Department Manager
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for
- Reviews orders for the day.
- Takes customer orders at the bakery counter.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and
develops or follows a production list.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Pulls product from cooler/freezer to prepare for baking.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review
- Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes
change, etc., where applicable.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Washes dishes as necessary.
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Prices products for customers as necessary.
- Delivers orders as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
Education and Experience
Less than High school or equivalent experience and six months of
less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of
more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with our without
correction, color vision, depth perception and field of
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store
environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and
handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to flour dust, noise,
cleaning chemicals/solvents, electrical shock and temperature
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Standard tools and equipment used in a bakery environment including
mixers, ovens, wrapping, label printer, cash register, telephone,
dishwasher, bread slicer, electric knife, microwave, airbrush, and
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has
contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Inc., Sioux City , Bakery Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Spencer, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!