Company: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - CyHawk Hospitality I
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCyHawk Hospitality, Inc., franchisee for Perkins
Restaurant and Bakery, is now hiring Bakers for our location in
downtown Sioux City.CyHawk is a growing company that opened our
first Perkins in 2007 and recently opened our 18th restaurant last
year.SUMMARY OF POSITIONPrepare bakery items according to company
policies, procedures, programs and performance standards.
Responsible for helping to maintain food costs and maintain
cleanliness of the kitchen at all times. Performs all duties to
maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as
directed by Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty.POSITION ACTIVITIES
- Bake – Prepare bakery items according to Perkins standards and
specifications. Label and date all trays of baked items. Observe
proper food storage procedures. Ensures high standards of food
- Display – Set up and maintain the display cases. Use proper
merchandising display techniques. Work with Host and Cashier to set
up samples, holiday packaging and merchandising.
- Clean - Follow proper sanitation procedures in the kitchen,
walk-ins and dry storage areas. Keep bakery prep and storage areas
clean and organized. Clean and sanitize bakery cases and display
items. The Baker is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of
all bakery equipment, pans and utensils. Controls Food Cost
- Ensures products are accurately portioned and ensures food
products are prepared as specified by recipes.
- Utilizes FIFO (first in first out) standards when preparing
- Maintains Cleanliness
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen, prep areas, coolers and
- Follows proper safety procedures and policies concerning food
handling, rotation and storage
- Conducts line sweeps throughout the shift
- "Clean as you go" throughout the shift
- Understands OSHA requirements and health department
- Cleans all equipment on line and other areas as directed by the
Kitchen manager or Manager on duty.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding
product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems
and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for
- Assists Team Members
- Preps items according to recipes and procedures
- Assists dishwasher with washing and restocking dishes, pots,
pans and utensils
- Assist front of house staff with cleanliness of bakery
- Provides guest service by communicating and cooperating with
the front of house staff.DisclaimerThis position description in not
intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions
associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate
reflection of those principle job elements essential for making
decisions related to job performance, employee development and
compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and
responsibilities as required. This franchise is independently owned
and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to
the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the
management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at
this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location,
and not to Perkins Corporate.
Keywords: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - CyHawk Hospitality I, Sioux City , Restaurant Baker, Hospitality & Tourism , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!