Hotel Rooms Director
Company: Ocean State Job Lot
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Responsible for providing overall direction, administration, and
coordination of all Rooms Division activities of the Hotel
department, in accordance with all established policies,
procedures, and controls of the company and of the department, and
in alignment with the mission and objectives of the company and
with the direction from the VP of Hotel Operations. Collaborates
with other divisions of the Hotel department, and with other
departments within the company, to maximize Hotel guest experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is a list of
the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be
assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be
performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable
requirements, organizational-specific policies, procedures, and
- Maintains oversight of all Rooms Division operations, including
Hotel Front Desk and Hotel Housekeeping.
- Coordinates with Red Hot Rewards to maximize success with Hotel
- Coordinates with Yield Manager to design and implement
strategies with the goal of maximizing room and casino
- Functions as an interdepartmental liaison for all Rooms
- Provides support and guidance for all Rooms Division managers,
supervisors, leads and team members.
- Provides insight and support of the business plan and budget
for all Rooms Division operations, and monitors expenses against
- Assists Rooms Division managers with preparation of monthly
- Assists Rooms Division managers with development of area
- Monitors the performance of Rooms Division operations through
verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and monthly
- Ensures the fair and equitable enforcement of area, division,
and property policies and procedures.
- Oversees the development and implementation of policies and
procedures in relation to all Rooms Division operations.
- Ensures all area and division policies and procedures are free
from conflict with departmental- and property-level policies and
- Oversees the development, maintenance, and implementation of
training plans for all Rooms Division team members.
- Assists Rooms Division managers with development and
maintenance of area hiring practices.
- Oversees the development of Indian Preference team members
employed within the Rooms Division.
- Oversees development and growth opportunities for those team
members who display the necessary skills, motivation, and aptitude
to excel within the Rooms Division and/or other departments within
FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
- Ensures all Rooms Division areas are successfully implementing
all brand promises, including our service culture, our brand, and
- Ensures a maximum level of service and guest satisfaction is
achieved and maintained in all areas of Rooms Division
- Ensures product and quality standards are maintained by
conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints.
- Oversees Rooms Division efforts to maintain AAA Four-Diamond
level designation, including all service and product quality
- Oversees guest recovery efforts, ensuring all responses and
problem resolutions occur in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the flow of information by organizing, moderating,
and attending regularly scheduled meetings within the Rooms
- Maintains a high-level working knowledge of all technological
systems used in the Rooms Division.
- Maintains working knowledge of all FireKeepers Casino Hotel
operations, programs, events, promotions, and services.
- Assists VP of Hotel Operations in oversight of the Quality Inn
& Suites property.
- Maintains working knowledge of all technological systems used
by the Quality Inn & Suites property.
- Assists General Manager of the Quality Inn & Suites property,
as needed, with operational guidance.
- Operates in a manner aligned with all departmental- and
property-level values; most notably in accordance with the Seven
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with VP of
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with all
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance
- Serves as an outstanding example of and credit to FireKeepers
Casino Hotel. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include maintaining
sufficient staffing levels; interviewing, hiring, and training Team
Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing
complaints and resolving problems. MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant's education, training and experience must be
sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability
to successfully perform each of the essential duties and
responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to
verify the sufficiency of a candidate's education, training and
competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the
education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to
enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and
responsibilities: Three years of experience in Hospitality
Management at a property possessing a AAA three-diamond or higher
designation and with at least 200 guest rooms, including a minimum
of one years of experience managing an area related to the Rooms
Division (ie: Hotel General Manager, Front Desk, Housekeeping,
Reservations, Yield Management). Demonstrated proficiency in
configuration and use of hotel-related technology systems (property
management systems, optimization software, etc.). Excellent
communication - both oral and written, organizational and
analytical skills. GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Four-year
degree in Hospitality Management or related field. Proficiency in
use of hotel-related technology systems in current use by
FireKeepers Casino Hotel. Experience in managing multiple areas
related to the rooms divisions (Front Desk, Housekeeping,
Reservations, Yield Management). Successful completion of any of
the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Track Training programs. LANGUAGE
SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add,
subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical
such as probability and statistical inference. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw
conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables. PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this position,
a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team
Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use
hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member
is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit;
climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed throughout all
areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to
loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke
filled environment. INDIAN PREFERENCE Indian preference will be
applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with
the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords
employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses
of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this
preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled
member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an
enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c)
an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the
Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians. FireKeepers Casino Hotel
reserves the right to make changes to the above job d escription as
necessary. U. S. Patents 7,080,057; 7,310,626; 7,558,767;
7,562,059; 7,472,097; 7,606,778; 8,086,558 and 8,046,251.
Keywords: Ocean State Job Lot, Sioux City , Hotel Rooms Director, Hospitality & Tourism , Battle Creek, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!