RN Cath Lab
Company: UnityPoint Health
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: August 14, 2019
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke'sSioux CityFull-Time 1.07am-3:30pm
Monday-Friday, On-Call The RN is responsible for coordinating the
care of patients and families that they care for utilizing the
nursing process, and the skills that are part of their functions as
a registered nurse. Summary of duties include: utilizing nursing
knowledge for critical thinking, planning of care, evaluating
response to care and planning for the needs of the patient and
- Delegates nursing care activities and monitors care given by
appropriate care team members in accordance with patient needs, and
the team member's professional capabilities and
- Assists in creating a positive work environment by mentoring of
staff/students, and working with team members to develop and
facilitate initiatives to strive for positive outcomes in quality
and care of patients.
- Complies with all policies and procedures, and guides team
members with compliance.
- Reliable attendance is an expectation of the team member role,
as well as a leader in the unit. Professional Growth:
- Assumes responsibility for continued growth in areas of
competencies, lifelong learning and involvement in unit and
hospital quality of care projects. Specialty certifications and
continuing education are strongly encouraged.
- Supports use of Evidenced Based Practice and incorporates best
practices into daily care routine.
- Participates in mandatory education and unit meetings per
- Compiles with all safety goals, infection prevention and risk
management policies and procedures.
- Completes annual mandatory education. Communication:
- Communicates utilizing the ICARE standards in all aspects of
care and interactions with others.
- Handoff of care incorporates information that is included in
the SBAR, including all critical data about patient treatment and
care, and also plan and goal of care including teaching needs of
the patient and family. Patient/Family Centered Care is encouraged
with both patient and family being updated and informed about all
- Effectively communicates with all team members, physicians,
ancillary staff and all customers. Verbal communication is clear
and concise, and written communication is legible and done using
- Provides patients/families with teaching throughout hospital
stay for procedures and treatments while in the hospital, and to be
prepared to care for home care needs. Referrals are done with
appropriate disciplines to assure all patient/family needs are met.
- Practice indicates compliance with HIPAA, DNV, OSHA and all
other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible in meeting needs of the
unit as a team member.
- Works effectively with multidisciplinary team assessing needs
of the patient/family, establishing goals for the patient/family,
and also assists in development of quality improvements that may
cross over from department to department. Delivery of Care:
- Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process, and
demonstrates knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty
required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies
- Assists with ambulation of patients, and uses assist devices as
appropriate to protect patient and staff member.
- Utilizes the Patient Family Centered Care model of care with
the combination of the Katarine Kolcaba's Comfort Theory.
- Documentation reflects complete information and accurate legal
record of patient's care.
- Follows compliance requirements for federally funded programs
(e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse.
Compliance concerns are brought to the immediate attention of
management or the Compliance Officer.Minimum Education:
- Must have completed an accredited nursing program and possess a
valid nursing license.
- BSN is preferredMinimum Work Experience:
- Completion of accredited nursing program.
- 2 years of Cath Lab, Emergency, ICU experience required.
- Must be able to perform circulator, scrub, and monitor
- Valid nursing license. Specialty certification is
encouraged.Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Certifications to include: BCLS, ACLS (within 6 months), PALS
(within 1 year), TNCC (within 2 years), CPI (within 1 year)
- Must be able to complete computer programs
- Must be able to meet the competency of unit assigned to and
also be able to successfully complete orientation
- Must be able to meet reliable attendance guidelines
- Must legally perform the essential functions of the job
- Able to demonstrate the necessary skills and competencies to
include medication administration and nursing competencies
- Must be able to perform the essentials functions of the job,
including ability to communicate effectively
- Able to distinguish colors
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Sioux City , RN Cath Lab, Healthcare , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!