Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Company: Covenant Family Solutions
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: March 19, 2023
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE? If so, we welcome you to
join our team -of licensed mental health providers who are
passionate about helping others and committed to uplifting one
another. We are currently seeking an innovative, team-focused
-Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner -our new Sioux City
Clinic - opening in late Summer 2023! -You will have the
opportunity to work alongside award winning mental health
professionals with decades of combined experience serving the
mental health needs of couples, families, and individuals of all
ages. Your caseload will include children, teens, and adults.
Covenant Family Solutions (CFS) is an innovative provider of mental
and behavioral healthcare services including therapy and medication
management, for individuals, couples and families. For more
information, please visit .Our Core ValuesMental health IS health.
At CFS we are committed to actually making a difference by helping
people to unleash their potential to become the best versions of
themselves. We do this through:
- Hard Work and Dedication. -We put in the time needed to get the
job done and aren't afraid to push ourselves to go above and beyond
in order to serve.
- Continuous Improvement. -We consider it our responsibility to
engage in continuous learning. We focus on improving our clinical
skills and personal characteristics.
- Excellent Care and Service. -We are dedicated to ensuring that
our patients, colleagues, and all those we meet -are able to
receive the support they need.
- Support and Uplift. -We care about each others' well-being and
provide compassionate support and encouragement to all those we
meet.Our Ideal Team MemberAside from a natural compassion and
empathy for others, we are seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health
Nurse Practitioner that has the following skills and experience to
best serve those in our care. -
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Board Certified to prescribed psychotropic medications in
- Training and experience in treating patients with mental health
disorders (preferred candidate will have a minimum two years of
experience in prescribing mental health medications).Job
- Provide high quality individual psychiatric medication
management to assist in increasing patient's quality of life.
- Provide education to patients and their families on the
medications and appropriate usage.
- Evaluate patients' physical or mental condition, based on
review of patient information, including assessing patients for
suicide and other self-harm, as well as harm to others.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform highest quality
care for each patient.
- Collaborate with physicians, clinicians, and other
professionals to ensure collaborative care approach when deemed
- Accurately fill out and maintain treatment records and reports,
including federal and state mandated forms, patient diagnostic
records, and progress notes within the deadlines specified in the
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply
with changes in patients' status.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medication for each patient of
their identified problems and moving towards defined goals.
- Discuss with individual patients their plans for continued
medication management if they decide to terminate care.
- Act as patient advocate to coordinate required services or to
resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Learn about new developments in the medication field by reading
professional literature, attending courses, workshops, and
- Supervise graduate students/interns as needed.
- Maintain professional liability coverage for the entire work
- Participate in regular networking efforts and community
- Engage in direct marketing activities such as leading webinars,
lunch-n-learns, community presentations, etc.
- Participate in indirect marketing efforts such as writing
blogs.We See You as a Person FirstWe practice what we preach. To be
the best mental health provider you can be, you need to be able to
take care of yourself first. We see you and offer:
- A Performance-Based Incentive -is offered to all providers
because you matter too! We encourage you to use the bonus to
practice a little self-care.
- Flexible Schedules. -We are committed to supporting your needs
as a provider and as a person. Through earned autonomy, our
providers set their own schedules. This leaves plenty of time for
family, friends, and personal wellness.
- A Supportive Team. We recognize the toll that being a mental
health provider can take. That is why one of our core values is to
support and uplift one another through tough times while also
- A Comprehensive Benefits Package including health, vision, and
dental Insurance, vacation benefits, 401k retirement savings
account, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance,
and EAP services for employees.Having the Right Tools and Support
MatterNothing stinks more than wanting to serve those in your care
and being stuck under a mountain of paperwork and -inefficient
processes or working yourself to burnout while being underpaid.
Starting with beautiful office space with -updated furnishings, we
- Excellent Pay. You worked hard to develop -your skills as a
mental health provider and deserve to be paid accordingly. We offer
a generous compensation package based on experience.
- Reasonable Expectations. -Overworked providers are rarely their
best selves. We value you as a person and encourage balance. Our
expectations are designed with you in mind.
- Supervision and Collaboration. -Our team-based culture
emphasizes the importance of integrated care and case
- Administrative Support. We offer in-house support for building
your caseload, insurance billing, and the patient intake
- Easy-to-Use EHR System with Computer and IT Support. We have
carefully customized our EHR system to take the stress (and time)
out of documentation.
- Administrative Support Staff. From accounting to billing to
marketing and administrative support, you can focus on providing
care and not worry about the "behind-the-scenes" work.
- CEU Stipend. One of our core values is to engage in continuous
learning. We offer an annual continuous learning stipend to make
ensure you are able to continue to grow as a healthcare provider.We
are an Equal Opportunity EmployerCFS provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Covenant Family Solutions, Sioux City , Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...