Company: Faith Regional Health Services
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Work Status Details: PRN - 8.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Exempt from Overtime: Non-Exempt
Shift Details: 6a-6p or 6p-6a
Department: Behavioral Health Unit - Reports To:
The mission of Faith Regional Health Services is to serve Christ by
providing all people with exemplary medical services in an
environment of love and care.
The registered nurse (RN) is a professional nurse under the
supervision and direction of the department manager/director. The
RN works within the state defined scope of practice and adheres to
department and hospital policies/procedures and regulatory
The Behavioral Health RN utilizes nursing process for assessing,
planning, implementing, and evaluating patients. The care delivered
is individualized and goal directed. The RN is responsible for the
supervision of delegated tasks. The RN works cohesively and
collaboratively with providers and other interdisciplinary health
care team members to provide high quality and safe care.
The listing of job responsibilities contained in this job
description is not all inclusive. Each unit/job is unique and may
include other tasks or duties that are specific to the unit and
will be included as part of orientation. Duties may be added or
subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
1. Demonstrates ability to appropriately modify approach and
procedures to meet needs of age/diversity of population served for
the following age groups:
Neonate (birth 28 days)
Infant (29 days less than 1 year)
Pediatric/Child (1 year 12 years)
Adolescent (12 years 18 years)
Adult (18 years 65 years)
Geriatric (over 65 years)
* Incorporates cultural considerations in the provisions of
* Knowledge of growth and developmental stages.
* Considers life changes/effects on health beliefs and
* Provides necessary safety measures.
* Provides information and involves family/caregiver in decision
2. RNs providing direct patient care (applies to RNs assigned to
direct patient care areas):
* Conducts individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data
collection based on the patient's immediate condition or needs
within the timeframe specified by policy.
* Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by patient condition
and policy and reprioritizes care accordingly.
* Develops and updates the plan of care throughout the patient stay
ensuring that is individualized and reflects collaboration with
other health care team members.
* Identifies patient/family discharge planning needs upon
* Performs appropriate treatments including medication
administration per physician order and per policy in an accurate
and timely manner.
* Reports patient concerns and condition changes to the provider in
a timely manner.
* Performs therapeutic nursing interventions in line with the plan
* Provides individualized patient/family education customized to
patient and family needs.
* Documents all nursing cares and education accurately and timely
in the electronic health record.
* Documents response to nursing cares and education accurately and
timely in the electronic health record.
* Delegates and supervises appropriate patient care.
* Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that
is sensitive to patient and family diversity, preserving autonomy,
dignity, and rights.
* Actively participates and involves the patient and family in
handoffs and bedside shift report and relates pertinent patient
* Responds appropriately, professionally, with composure and
confidence during emergencies and stressful situations.
3. Performs all responsibilities/duties of a Behavioral Health
Department and/or Role Specific duties include:
* Monitor, maintain, safe, therapeutic milieu
* Facilitate and document nursing education groups
* Delegates and assigns appropriate patient care tasks to LPN's and
4. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
* Maintains confidentiality per policy.
* Maintains current competency by attending unit and hospital based
educational offerings either in person or online.
* Actively engages in unit activities and team meetings and attends
* Demonstrates active engagement in department activities and
evidence based initiatives.
* Demonstrates dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling
needs of the department and hospital.
* Demonstrates willingness to float to other units as needed.
* Accepts assignment of preceptor for new staff.
* Accepts responsibility for mentoring healthcare students.
* Ensures the quality and safety of the patients and staff if
serving in a relief charge nurse role.
Hours will be dependent on patient census and workload. Ability and
willingness to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours and
weekends as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below must be representative of the
knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure,
experience, and/or ability required.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current Registered Nurse (RN) license or temporary permit from the
State of Nebraska required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) obtained within one full month from date
of hire required.
Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) obtained within six full months
from date of hire required.
Previous clinical experience preferred.
Language Skills Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the
English language required.
Faith Regional Health Services is an equal opportunity employer
that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race,
color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Faith Regional Health Services, Sioux City , RN-BHU, Healthcare , Norfolk, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!