Behavioral Health Counselor - Located in Sioux City, IA
Company: Jackson Recovery Centers, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are searching for the right candidate to provide mental
health crisis, stabilization and referral services for clients on
our sub-acute Adolescent Stabilization & Assessment Unit. - The
ideal candidate is passionate about serving adolescents, is a team
player, has experience with assessment, safety and stabilization
management and is knowledgeable -about community resources. -
Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally
recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health
disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With
nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our
physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary,
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare
leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and
provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery.
Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
This full time position will provide continuity of program services
in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic
environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and
accreditation standards. - -Participate as a team member in the
delivery of mental health services to clients and their families
and facilitate assessment, safety, stabilization and referrals for
mental health crisis situations. -
- Master's Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or
related field (preferred); or
- Bachelor's Degree in human services and one year work
experience in human services;
- Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (tCADC/CADC or obtain within
six months of hire; -
- Demonstrated education, training or experience with evidenced
- Skilled in conducting clinical assessments, individual, family
and group counseling.
- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required
documentation within the time frames prescribed.
- Practical understanding of mental health & substance use
disorders and symptoms in the DSM 5.
- Computer proficient.
- Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients,
parents, staff or community resources.
- Obtain and maintain CPI certification.
- Obtain and maintain CPR/ First Aid Certification.
- Obtain and maintain Iowa DHS's Child Abuse/Dependent Abuse
- Work hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities
- Undertake primary case management responsibilities for
- Conduct assessments, individual, group, and family counseling
and educational sessions for clients and/or family
- Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent
with rules and regulations.
- Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, safety
issues and discharge plans).
- Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court
appearances on behalf of Rosecrance Jackson Centers'
- Serve as a member of the Clinical Team and participate in all
team meetings and activities.
- Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families,
employees and community groups.
- Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct
and with the framework of the law.
- Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every
- Serve as a role model for other staff, clients, and customers
and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing
- Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Starting rate for Bachelors - $21.11/hour
- Starting rate for Masters - $24.44/hour
- Additional $.50/hr with CADC certification
- Health insurance with multiple options to meet your
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer
- Group life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Schedule: 8 hour shifts
- Day shift 8:30am - 5:00pm
Work Location: Rosecrance Jackson Centers - Sioux City, IA
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law:
- Bachelors or betterLicenses & CertificationsPreferred
Keywords: Jackson Recovery Centers, Inc., Sioux City , Behavioral Health Counselor - Located in Sioux City, IA, Healthcare , Hubbard, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!