Hospitalist FM/IM Opportunity 300K+ pay
Company: Prime Physicians
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Internal Medicine opening in Sioux City, Iowa. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
Hospitalist FM/IM Opportunity 300K+ pay
We are looking for a dynamic Hospitalist to join our program at
UnityPoint St Luke's in Sioux City IA.
Requirements: Will accept both Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
residents / physicians. We prefer physicians who can pick
additional shifts and also perform Tele-Hospitalist work (Tele only
after 1 year). We are looking for hard working physicians with
collegial personality and excellent Team player skills. We focus on
improving efficiency, optimizing practice environment, provider
engagement and service excellence.
- 180 bed tertiary care / Level III Trauma center / acute care
- All Medical sub-specialists available (Cardiology, EP,
Interventional cardiology, GI, Hem Oncology, Nephrology, Pulmonary
Critical care, Pediatric hospitalists, Dermatology, Rheum
- All Surgical sub-specialists available (Neurosurgery, Bariatric
surgery, General Surgery, Urology, Podiatry, Orthopedics, Hand
surgery, Plastics, Ob-Gyn etc. but NO CT surgery).
- Open ICU (18 beds); Hospitalists admit most patients to ICU
with Intensivist support.
- No Code pager (ED runs codes)
- No procedures or lines or intubations or vent management
required (optional). Anesthesia, Surgery, Intensivists, PICC nurses
- EMR – Epic. All providers use the same templates and order sets
to reduce the variation of practice.
Schedule and Staffing:
- Day time staffed with total of 4 physicians plus 1 NP. Night
time staffed with 2 NPs.
- 12 hr shifts (7a-7p shifts), split new admissions 4 hrs per day
(7a-11a, 11a-3p, 3p-7p). Physicians may leave after rounds (must
stay In-House during the 3 hr call timings) but are responsible to
take phone calls from 7am-7pm.
- No night calls. Nights staffed by 2 in-house NPs from
- Rounding nurse with each 12 hr shift physician who helps as an
assistant putting all orders in EPIC, problem list, admission
orders, DC orders, taking all phone calls etc. This is UNIQUE for
- Standard physician schedule week on and off day shifts with
very Flexible scheduling. Total of 26 weeks per year is a full time
job. No additional time off or CME off. Sometimes providers do a
long 3-4 week stretch to get 3-4 weeks off for long
- Average starting census around 16-18 per day. Winters are busy
and summers are light. Additional 5th provider is called on as
needed basis when census is high.
- Base pay – 240k salary + 40k quality bonus + wRVU bonus ($25
per each wRVU over 5000) and 401k profit sharing plan (after 1st
- 50K signing bonus for 5-year commitment only. Have to repay if
- Typically, hospitalists make around > 300k per year for the
full-time job (26 weeks) plus optional moonlighting / Tele Shifts
- Moonlighting opportunities available in nearby hospitals and
eligible for Tele-Hospitalist night shifts after 1 year of
- No additional CME but option to maintain a pretax account for
any CME expenses to be deducted from paycheck.
- Benefits - include paid malpractice with tail coverage,
medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, short term
disability and 401K profit sharing plan.
- All Pay, bonuses and contracts are non-negotiable - all
physicians are paid the same to maintain uniformity.
- Will offer H1b visas as needed. Sorry, No J1s.
Sioux City is in a tristate area (IA, NE, SD states) and a little
over one hour away from Omaha, NE and Sioux Falls, SD. Sioux City
Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) has over 168,000 residents and
is expected to continue driving economic growth in the Midwest. The
growing local agricultural sector has helped the local economy
expanding at or above the national rate, while insulating it from
major economic slowdowns. CF Industries recently completed a $2B
fertilizer plant, Seaboard Triumph Foods recently opened a $264M
pork processing plant, Interstate 29 is expanding from 4 lanes to 6
by 2021, US 20 is expanded to 4 lanes from Chicago to Sioux City by
2021 and Hard Rock Hotel & Casino opened a $140M facility in
downtown. For the seventh time in the last decade, Siouxland MSA
ranks first in the nation in its population category for economic
development in 2017, according to results released by Site
Selection magazine. Sioux City was recognized as the top economic
development community for populations under 200,000 in 2007, 2008,
2012, 2013,2015 & 2016.
Keyphrases: internal medicine jobs, internal emergency medicine
jobs, internal medicine specialist jobs, internal medicine critical
care jobs, internal medicine geriatrics jobs, internal medicine
pediatrics jobs, pediatric internal medicine jobs
Keywords: Prime Physicians, Sioux City , Hospitalist FM/IM Opportunity 300K+ pay, Healthcare , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!