Hospice Social Worker
Company: James David Staffing, LLC
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The licensed social worker is responsible for the implementation
of standards of care for medical social work services and for
adherence to all conditions in the Service or Employment
Agreement.Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and
families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and
environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and
other members of the interdisciplinary group. Provides an
assessment in the patient's identified residence and assistance
when this is not safe and another plan is required.
- Carries out social evaluations, including family dynamics,
caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high-risks for
suicide, neglect or abuse and plans intervention based on
evaluation findings. Counsel?s patient and family/caregivers as
needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping
difficulties. Provides crisis intervention when necessary.
- Assesses for, and educates interdisciplinary group, on any
special needs related to the culture of the patient and family.
Includes communication, role of family, space, and any special
traditions or taboos.
- Works under the supervision of Masters Prepared Social Worker
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social
- Educates patients and families on, and assists in, preparation
of advanced directives.
- Provides information and referral services for organization
patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and
- Provides information to patients and families/caregivers and
- Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and
- Maintains collaborative relationships with organization
personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private
agencies as resources for patient and personnel.
- Participates in the development of the individualized plan of
care, involving the patient and family, and attends regularly
scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings, assisting the team in
recognizing the effects of the psychosocial stresses on the
symptoms of the terminal illness.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding
significant social and emotion?al factors related to health
problems and death/dying issues.
- Will assist the Director of Bereavement in maintaining a
bereavement program to meet the needs of families/caregivers for 13
months following the death of a patient to ensure compliance with
all state, federal, and CHAP regulatory requirements.
- Ensures the initial bereavement assessment is completed, or
assigned to appropriate team member.
- Assists Chaplain when needed making condolence call to
- Assigns and oversees volunteers making bereavement calls.
- Assists with maintaining, organizing, and updating bereavement
support group schedule
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
- Assists family and patient in planning for funeral
arrangements, financial, legal, and health care decision
- Other duties as delegated by the Clinical Supervisor.The above
statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the
major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this
job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks
other than those stated in this description.Qualifications
- Has a Master?s degree in social work from an institution
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; is licensed in
the state they serve; and has one year of social work experience in
a health care setting.
- Minimum of one (1) years? experience in health care, hospice
experience preferred. Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of
- Experience in a hospice care preferred
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and
- Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good
Keywords: James David Staffing, LLC, Sioux City , Hospice Social Worker, Healthcare , Norfolk, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!