Company: Charter Senior Living of Northpark Place
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Why Charter Senior Living?
"I believe in the Charter Mission.-- To Enhance the Human Spirit. I
do this every day as I help care for our residents.-- They may need
extra help throughout the day, but I know during these times that I
am enhancing their spirit.-- I feel honored to make such a
difference in someone's life!
Offering Health Insurance for Full Time Associates--
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100
per month (after taxes).----
- Health Insurance--
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus
-Charter Senior Living Associate--
Your potential is unlimited.-- As a small boutique company, we are
committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a
"job".-- We want each of our associates to feel like they have a
career and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Charter and how
you can become part of an organization that is committed to the
future of their Associates.
The Medication Tech is responsible for all duties in relation to
safely administering medications and treatments to the residents.--
This position requires legible, accurate documentation on the
medication record and in the resident chart. It also requires a
responsible demeanor in order for the resident population to have
confidence in your ability to administer medications and
treatments. At times the position will include manager on duty
qualifications and a responsibility to act within your scope of
practice. If ever unsure of a decision or an occurrence, it is
critical for you to call for management assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the community's philosophy.
- Is knowledgeable of policies and procedures.
- Understands and appropriately documents on the 24-hour
- Understands the resident's alert status and documents
appropriately in the resident's record.
- Understands and implements an interim service plan, in the
absence of Resident Care Coordinator/Health Services Director
(HSD), as care needs arise.
- Assures caregivers on shift are aware of changes in interim
- Assures there is adequate staff scheduled on shift.
- Notify the Executive Director/Resident Care Coordinator when
there is not enough staff scheduled.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Assists residents with transportation and appointments as
- Maintains confidentiality with resident and fellow employee's
- Notifies Resident Care Coordinator /Executive Director/HSD of
resident changes of condition.
- Assists with monthly medication records as needed.
- Assists with cycle fill or re-ordering of medications.
- Understands and returns medications for credit as
- Monitor medications that arrive from the pharmacy.
- Timely notify the pharmacy of any discrepancies
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the Medication
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, and re-stocking of the
- Orders supplies as directed by the Resident Care
- Has knowledge of, and can demonstrate proper technique, or can
learn how to assist with: a gait belt, sit to stand lift, transfer
board, oxygen equipment, C-Pap, Nebulizer, catheter, specimen,
transfer pole, trapeze, wheelchair, scale, and other equipment as
directed by the Resident Care Coordinator/HSD.
- Capable of taking accurate vital signs and weights.
- Accurately completes an incident report and begins the
investigation of the incident.
- Accurately completes a medication error report if
- Notifies family, MD, resident, and management if incidents or
errors occur while on shift.
- General record-keeping and filing as needed.
- Administers the medications and treatments, according to the
scheduled times, following the medication administration
- Adheres to dress code.
- Fill-in for the receptionist as directed by Executive
Director/Resident Care Coordinator.
- Fill in for a caregiver when needed.
- Capable of assisting in the care needs of residents, which
might include lifting requirements up to 40 pounds.
- Serves meals as needed.
- Assists with meal clean up and set of tables as
- Faxes pharmacy to order medications.
- Faxes physician as care needs arises or as instructed by
Executive Director/HSD/Resident Care Coordinator.
- Calls pharmacy to follow up on medications that have not
- Notifies physician when pre-authorizations are required or
medications not covered by insurance.
- Answers call lights or find a coworker to answer a call light,
if in the middle of a med pass.
- Work as manager on duty as directed by Executive
Director/Resident Care Coordinator.
- Keep current on First Aid/CPR and Medication Administration
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or other
- Read the 24-hour communication book and respond as necessary to
- Review all incident reports and residents on alert
- Read any new interim service plans that could have been
- Assure appropriate amount of staff are available and on
- Assist with finding replacements when staff call off and you
are on duty
- Provide the residents with their medications and treatments as
- Document issues in the resident record
- Notify RCC/HSD/ED as needed when issues arise
- Other job duties as assigned by HSD/RCC
- Check schedules for any changes
- Maintain Medication room supplies
- Attend and participate in the scheduled mandatory
- Attend and participate in other scheduled meetings (Safety,
- Exposure to blood/body fluid likely.
- Must be able to easily lift and carry 50 lbs. Must be able to
stand, walk, stoop and/or bend for periods of up to eight hours
with breaks as provided for in the employee handbook.
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with the elderly
population. Previous experience preferred, but not
- Preferred proficiency in English. Attends in-services monthly
required for the position. Receives and maintains CPR
Keywords: Charter Senior Living of Northpark Place, Sioux City , Medical Tech, Healthcare , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!