Director Surgical Services
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: March 13, 2019
Responsibilities:Strategic Planning/Business Development - 10% annually
- Develops and implements a strategic business plan for Surgical Services with appropriate linkage to the hospital s annual operating plan and three year strategic plan.
- Develops strong linkages with other programs, departments and affiliations to ensure the services provided by Perioperative Services are consistent with the vision and mission of the Employer Health STL system.
- Develops and implements information systems and technology plan to leverage technology to achieve process improvements and achievement of benchmark outcomes.Operations Management - 20% annually
- Develops operating systems that result in the delivery of quality patient care services in all departments within Surgical Services.
- Collaborates with the management team, direct care staff, physicians and all supporting departments to design cost effective, streamlined, quality patient care services.
- Develops measures, maintains and creates action plans for operational metrics relevant to the department.
- Develops policies, procedures and standards of care that address the needs of the populations served and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assures implementation of evidence based best practice and achievement of outstanding clinical, patient safety, and patient satisfaction outcomes.
- Ensures sterilization and disinfection procedures and processes meet regulatory and best practice guidelines throughout the system.
- Identifies high risk activities and manages improvement activities.Physician Engagement/Stakeholder Relationships - 20% annually
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with physician partners throughout perioperative services.
- Develops an effective partnership/dyad with the Medical Director of Surgical Services ensuring a unified approach to key issues.
- Collaborates with multiple physician groups to meet practice needs by participating and leading committees and work groups which develop policies and appropriate patient care practiceFinancial Management - 15% annually
- Develops and administers capital, salary and operating budgets for all cost centers in the Surgical Services Division. Maintains a consistent focus on efficiency; creatively seeks new opportunities for expense reduction.
- Collaborates with Financial Analysts to ensure optimal fiscal management.
- Approves expenditures within limit of authority.Quality Improvement - 20% annually
- Develops and implements a Quality Improvement Plan for all departments within Surgical Services with the objective of demonstrably improving the value of services provided. This includes establishing and monitoring indicators for clinical quality, service quality, financial, operational and market performance.Human Resources Management - 10% annually
- Successfully recruit and retain staff within Surgical Services.
- Provide leadership through coaching, counseling, and on-going feedback, to ensure the growth and development of managers, supervisors, and other program leaders.
- Maintain and enhance positive employee relations through appropriate training and development.
- Ensure good employee relations and appropriate contract management.Basic UPH Performance Criteria - 5% annually
- Demonstrates the Employer Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e. g., Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, MBA, or MHA
- Master s degree in related field preferredExperience:
- 5-7 years of leadership experience
- 3 years experience as a Nurse Manager preferredLicense(s)/Certification(s):
- State of Iowa Nursing License
- Valid Driver s license when driving any vehicle work related reasonsKnowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent working knowledge of Perioperative issues and standards
- Working knowledge of AORN, AAMIST79, CMS and DNV standards relevant to Perioperative Division
- Strong leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Physician partnering skills
- Finance and business planning skills
- Quality Improvement skills
- Principles of Management
- Knowledge of Systems and Processes
- Evaluation and Change
- Demonstrable skills in program planning, team building and conflict resolution
Keywords: UnityPoint, Sioux City , Director Surgical Services, Executive , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!