Location: Sioux City
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Metronet has an immediate opening for an energetic, Project
Director!At Metronet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge
technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a
fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic
technology. Metronet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice
and internet services that provide our customers with some of the
fastest internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of
the -Best Places to Work in 2020 -by Glassdoor. We are committed to
revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer
experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
-We're looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team
and help us create what's next!What is in it for you?
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted Metronet service in our serviceable area
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphereJob Summary:Reporting to
the Senior Vice President of Outside Plant, the Project Director is
the leader of their assigned project(s). The Project Director has
the ultimate responsibility for the project budget, meeting project
timelines, customer expectations, managing the project team, and
interfacing with the customer. -What you will be doing:
- Review and fully understand the budgets, schedule and
requirements of each project.
- Create and execute project work plans, schedules, and control
budgets as well as identify and acquire resources needed for
prosecution of the project(s).
- Assign individual duties to the project management team and
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a project to
ensure on time and under budget project completion.
- Meet with internal and external customers with prepared reports
to give progress updates, answer questions, and manage requested
changes to project plans.
- Manage the decisions on the scope and delivery of the project
including serving as a technical expert in interpreting the
specification of the project.
- Communicate requirements and specifications to the project
staff and assist with any questions related to the technology,
equipment, and design requirements.
- Serve as the project spokesperson when necessary by developing
relationships and facilitating communication, updates, and meetings
with internal and external customers.
- Ensure market agreements, permit and authorization compliance,
- Review and approve job cost accounting reports submitted to
- Maintain day-to-day communication with the SVP of Outside Plant
and other management.
- Produce quality results in an efficient and cost effective
- Represent Metronet professionally to satisfy immediate customer
needs and to foster good customer relations.
- Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the
phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance,
punctuality, and personal appearance according to company
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary
for the effective performance of the role and those of the project
- Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and
- Assist in other duties as needed and directed.What You Need For
- BS/BA degree in construction management, electrical
engineering, or civil engineering preferred
- Equivalent experience will be considered
- Strong knowledge of Telecom construction and engineering,
project budget creation and management, project scheduling and
tracking, project finance, cost reporting, and field office
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis using Microsoft Word,
Excel, Access, and Project
- Familiarity with a variety of mapping, GIS and CADD drafting
- Ability to Work with Google Earth KMZ's and KML's
- Ability and comfort putting together project estimates, budgets
- Ability to comprehend complex instructions put together and
execute strategic strategies communicating and promoting company
objectives with other organizations.If you have a strong desire to
impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to
attract and retain committed professionals, please apply
today!Metronet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Metronet, Sioux City , Project Director, Executive , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...