Bank Market President
Company: Availa Bank
Posted on: September 23, 2022
MARKET PRESIDENT POSITION SUMMARY The Market President provides
leadership and direction for its designated location(s). This
position is responsible for maintaining and building upon existing
and new relationships to proactively develop new business within
the market area along with loan supervision, marketing, retail,
managing the markets financials and the daily operations of the
bank. In addition, the Market President shall have the overall
responsibility for: directing and overseeing the performance of all
staff, along with leading and overseeing employee evaluations
within the market; ensuring market staff compliance with all
established bank policies & procedures; developing goals and
performance objectives for the market. This position is responsible
for implementing corporate objectives in accordance with policies
established by the CEO and Board of Directors.
MARKET PRESIDENT PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Communicates and implements bank's strategic plan and
procedures, consistent with established financial policies and
- Supports and assists the Regional Manager in planning and
expanding for the financial success of the market(s) assigned.
- Identifies and contacts current and prospective customers about
new and existing products and services.
- Responsible for soliciting, establishing, and maintaining new
agricultural, commercial and business banking relationships within
an identified portfolio or market area along with developing a
strong pipeline of business prospects for new revenue growth.
- Maintains a high level of customer confidence; assumes a
leadership role within the bank and community by participating in
projects and activities.
- Actively engaged as part of the market loan staff with duties
to include: approves or denies loan applications; adheres to bank
policy, procedures and appropriate lending laws and regulations;
handles all loan applications within appropriate customer service
and regulatory timeframe; works cooperatively with loan clerical
staff in acquiring necessary documentation for the loan files;
works to maintain loan quality by striving for low incidence of
incomplete documentation or regulatory violation; monitors loans
for continuing quality
- Works with peers and Management to develop and define
procedures and policies for loan administration
- Remains current on products and services offered by competitors
and vendors. Makes recommendations for new products and services
and suggestions for improving existing ones.
- Attends conferences and training as required, needed, or
assigned to maintain current knowledge of industry regulations,
requirements, and trends.
- Manages operational activities in the designated market(s) and
facilities/building maintenance, including staff oversight and
ensures adherence to established bank policies. MARKET PRESIDENT
ROLE QUALIFICATIONS: Education
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred or equivalent
combination education and experience Experience The ideal candidate
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Prior experience in the banking, lending, sales or finance
environment is preferred
- Strong sales and negotiation skills preferred Other Skills and
- Working knowledge of loan policies and procedures
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability
to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the
ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and
instruct others, understand procedures, write reports and
correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to represent the bank in a
professional manner when dealing with customers and potential
- Ability to interact with internal teams and customers with
tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Ability to lead a diverse team, monitor employee engagement and
foster a positive working environment in the assigned
- Demonstrate a lead by example mentality
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Supervisory Responsibilities This position is responsible for
supervising staff in accordance with the bank's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and taking corrective action with employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems. Competencies To perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Accountability - will follow through on what he/she says they
will do; holds others accountable in the workplace
- Analytical - collects and researches data; uses intuition and
experience to complement data; designs workflows and
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to
deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables
in non-standardized situations.
- Project Management - coordinates projects; communicates changes
and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team
- Delegation - delegates work assignments; matches the
responsibility to the person; gives authority to work
independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated
- Leadership - exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires
and motivates others to perform well.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Ethics - inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment;
changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality -is consistently at work and on time;
ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management
direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments;
completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; follows through on
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative - is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands
abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just
his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus - Provides excellent customer service
to everyone; supports business and revenue growth; focuses on
opportunities to suggest new services to customers. WORKING
CONDITIONS Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited
chance for personal injury. The following physical and mental
requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by
phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such
as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office
supplies, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Frequent bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time and
reach with hands and arms.
- Position self to maintain computers including overhead, under
desks and in a server room.
- Ascend/descend a ladder to maintain equipment/perform repairs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple
priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours.
Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the
needs of customers and employees.
- Drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations as
needed. GENERAL NOTICE This position description describes the
general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned
to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It
does not state or imply that these are the only duties and
responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be
required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are
subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with a disability. This position
description does not constitute an employment agreement between the
Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change.
Department: Management Reports To: Regional Manager Location:
Pocahontas Supervises: Various Market Staff Position Status: Exempt
EEO/AA employer PM21 PI189727646
Keywords: Availa Bank, Sioux City , Bank Market President, Executive , Pocahontas, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!