Human Resources Manager (Manufacturing)
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionBUILT TO CONNECTAstec is a global,
environmentally focused infrastructure and manufacturing company of
asphalt road building and aggregate processing. Our mission is to
design and build the most innovative products for the industries we
serve. Leveraging innovative solutions and technologies, we serve
customers all over the world. ABOUT THE POSITIONThe HR Manager is
Responsible for design, plan and implements human resources
programs and policies for benefits, Compensation, staffing,
employee relations and training. This role is responsible for
developing talent strategies to increase workforce diversity and
ensure talent pipeline for the future. Manages the day-to-day
functions of the Human Resources Department. Serves as second in
command of the Human Resources function under the guidance of the
Director of Human Resources. Supervises others in reaching
department and company goals. Key Deliverables
- Lead team responsible for talent development, performance
management and employee engagement.
- Implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the
overall business strategy.
- Evaluates human resources processes and strategies to determine
improvements to be made and reports findings to top
- Recruit and interview potential applicants on experience,
skills, and education. Key Activities and Initiatives (Duties &
- Responsible for developing relationships with individuals,
employee groups and leaders of the business to communicate company
policies/programs/procedures while providing leadership around
organizational change, process consultation and organizational
- Change agent for company growth and transformation who can lead
- Ensures Human Resources Strategies including
coaching/counseling employees and management, sourcing and
selection, performance management programs, organizational
effectiveness, compensation and providing Human Resources
- Oversees the talent acquisition process, which may include
recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants,
particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles;
collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and
competencies required for openings.
- The HR Manager perform project lead for corporate projects,
managing timelines, and working with cross-divisional teams and
develops strategic that create a safety conscious.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and
recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Evaluates trends in compensation and benefits; researches and
proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the
organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing
applicable HR federal and state requirements, conducting
investigations, and maintaining records
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work
results by training managers to coach and discipline employees;
hearing and resolving employee issues; counseling employees and
supervisors that drives high performance.
- Organizes and manages new employee orientation, on-boarding and
- Supports timekeeping processing.
- Produces monthly headcount report and tracks departmental
- Initiates and/or tracks and maintains any changes in associate
status such as promotions, salary increases, transfers,
terminations, changes of address, etc.
- Always follows company policies and procedures.
- Always follows proper safety rules and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned. To be successful in this
role, your experience and competencies are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience in Human
Resources or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the human resource
management field required.
- Ability to solve problems at both a strategic and functional
- Must display a strong commitment to company core values.
- Must be able to organize and manage multiple projects and
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills are
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word, ERP, and HRIS
Windows, and Excel required.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedure manuals required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from employees.
Keywords: Astec, Sioux City , Human Resources Manager (Manufacturing), Executive , Yankton, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!