Company: CF Industries
Location: Sergeant Bluff
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.
Engineering and Engineering Services
Provides process engineering expertise in a collaborative
environment to enhance the safe, efficient, reliable, and
environmentally friendly operations of the nitrogen fertilizer
plants. As the process technical expert, works with other
engineering disciplines as well as operations, maintenance, and EHS
to ensure solutions meet overall business objectives.
1. As holistic system thinkers, monitor and report on operational
performance process units and key variables impacting plant
efficiency, capacity, catalyst performance, emissions, and process
2. Proactively evaluate process and equipment performance to reduce
plant upsets and generate solutions to resolve problems with
process chemistry and equipment including pumps, compressors,
turbines, heat exchangers, absorbers, strippers, boilers,
combustion equipment, reactors, and high pressure steam
3. Optimize process performance through troubleshooting, process
modeling, data analysis, process tests, and technical support to
the operations organization.
4. Complete process engineering studies and provide comprehensive
process engineering support during collaborative design of new
installations and processes.
5. Help prioritize the development of projects to increase
production capacity, improve energy efficiency, and enhance EHS
6. Prepare and review documents including PFDs, P&IDs, scopes
of work, and equipment specifications to support the capital
7. Review and approve new operational procedures and equipment
operating limits. Develop and conduct training for operations and
other groups to address significant changes and for annual
8. Participate in MOCs, PHAs, LOPA studies, and incident
investigations to identify and implement process safety and other
9. Assist Maintenance and Operations during turnarounds by
providing pre-turnaround process engineering recommendations,
assisting in planning specialty work, performing equipment
inspections related to process issues, coordinating catalyst
replacements, and participate in plant restarts.
10. Maintain excellent communication and a professional working
relationships with all departments and plant personnel.
Successful incumbents will have:
1. BS degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited
university is required.
2. A minimum of 3 years of process engineering experience is
preferred. Experience required working for an operating company in
the chemical manufacturing or oil and gas industry.
3. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must
be able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel
throughout the organization.
4. Ability and willingness to collect field data, enter process
equipment for inspections, and otherwise perform routine field
engineering work in an operating chemical facility environment.
5. Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules on a short
term basis to support 24 hour/7 day per week operations,
particularly during process unit startups, shutdowns, upsets, and
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by
viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by
viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-###-#### or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK Associated topics: chemical, chemical
engineering, nutrition, pha, phenolic, plastics, polymer, polymer
synthesis, polypropylene, polyurethane
Keywords: CF Industries, Sioux City , Process Engineer, Engineering , Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!