Lead Diesel Mechanic
Company: First Student
Posted on: August 7, 2022
First Student is now hiring a Shop Foreman Lead Diesel Mechanic
for our shop serving Wayne Nebraska!Starting Pay at $26/hour or
higher depending on experienceFirst thingsFirst: Who are we?Twice
the size of our next largest competitor,First Studentis the leading
school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every
day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers
than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained
drivers and the industrys strongest safety record, First Student
delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts.Why
join First as a Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic?
- $26 - 28 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday [Insert Shift Times] full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic
PositionAs a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First Student,
youll schedule and perform school bus fleet maintenance, diagnose
and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain service records.
Other job duties will include:
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate work orders and track progress through
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to
effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take
action to improve as needed.Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman
- Valid drivers license required; Willingness to obtain CDL while
employed We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education.
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other
management role is preferred.
- Possess a mechanics tool set.
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with
FirstStudent!We aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.Required
Keywords: First Student, Sioux City , Lead Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Wayne, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!