Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Our Norfolk, NE food manufacturing client is looking to hire a
Project Engineer. This Project Engineer will drive and manage key
strategic projects throughout all business units. This position
will identify, design, and implement improvements to equipment and
processes to optimize current manufacturing and commercialization
of new products. This position will be a part of the corporate
engineering team and will manage and work closely with outside
vendors, plant management, as well as other various internal
resources to ensure projects are specified and completed within
scope. This Project Engineer will work on multiple projects.
- Manage large scale capital projects from design conception,
preparing approval and justification documents, installation, and
- Control and administrate budgets and timelines.
- Conceive and plan projects, in collaboration with manufacturing
team, involving major production activities (plant tests and
commercialization of new products), exploration of product and/or
process problems, definition and selection of new concepts and
approaches in manufacturing operations.
- Partner with plant managers to design and implement capital
- Partner with contractors to define scope, budget, and
- Identify, research, and adapt machine and equipment design to
accommodate factory and production improvements including
preparation of cost justification and capital request
- Lead and drive projects with significant productivity and cost
reduction impacts. Areas of focus are overall yield, waste
reduction, chemical usage, and CIP optimization.
- Manage projects involving design and procurement of new
equipment, specifying, evaluating, and recommending innovative
technologies, strategies and methods that will benefit operations
- Lead and manages projects to accomplish measurable
- Study and improve manufacturing processes, procedures, and
sequence of operations aimed at lowering manufacturing costs. Aid
in creating, implementing, and maintaining Standard Work for all
- Innovate, recommend, and collaborate with technical teams to
develop new processes/services in a timely and cost-effective
- Provide technical training for operators to support making
decisions at the lowest level.
- Provide innovative tools that support operators making changes
to the process as authorized and required.
- Work with employees to identify and scope new process
improvement opportunities in the areas of quality, cost,
performance and preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Work with employees to identify and troubleshoot issues and
ensure corrective action is taken as appropriate and
- Provide technical support and training to employees to improve
- Develop projects to eliminate waste and streamline the
- Communication skills as well as analytical and problem-solving
skills also need to be very good for a change agent to be
- Operate in a safe manner and ensure compliance with all safety
and environmental standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Process Engineering or
- 3+ years in Project Engineering experience
- Heavy project management experience is required.
- Milk or Dairy processing experience is required.
- Significant interaction with manufacturing facilities is
- AutoCAD design experience
Keywords: Job Juncture, Sioux City , Project Engineer, Engineering , Norfolk, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!