Company: Tennant Company
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Tennant Company is a recognized leader of the cleaning industry.
Since 1870 we have been passionate about developing innovative and
sustainable solutions that help our customers clean more spaces
more effectively, addressing indoor and outdoor cleaning
challenges. Our products include equipment for maintaining surfaces
in industrial, commercial and outdoor environments; detergent-free
and other sustainable cleaning technologies; cleaning tools and
supplies; and coatings for protecting, repairing and upgrading
surfaces. With more than $1B in revenue, Tennant Company operates
in three geographic business units including the Americas, Europe,
Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. Join the company committed
to empowering our customers to create a cleaner, safer and
healthier world with high-performance cleaning solutions that
minimize waste, reduce costs, improve safety and further
As a Field Service Technician with Tennant, you will provide
top-notch customer service as you troubleshoot equipment and
deliver solutions that create a cleaner, safer world. Working at
our customers' facilities, our service technicians maintain,
troubleshoot, and repair Tennant products, and provide quality
customer service and communication to minimize costs and ensure
satisfaction. You will maintain the proper parts, supplies, and
tools in your service vehicle to solve customer problems. You will
quickly and accurately diagnose equipment issues, and determine
what is needed to get the equipment running again. Customers rely
on you to teach them how to use our equipment correctly and
decrease future needs making you a true asset to our customers.
Tennant Company offers a competitive salary with an excellent
benefits package, as well as a company vehicle, corporate credit
card, cell phone, and laptop. Our Field Service Technicians also
enjoy work-life balance with a schedule that typically allows them
to be home every night. Technicians also participate in a
comprehensive training program including ride-a-longs with other
Technicians and management; and factory-based training.
* Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic
systems, air and water-cooled combustion engines, and diesel-gas-LP
powered engine problems on all Tennant products and similar
* Responsible for effectively scheduling time and arranging all
customer service calls, planned maintenance, and breakdowns to
maintain effective customer service.
* Maintain records of all service activities and business reporting
documentation through the use of customer repair order logs,
service agreements, completed repair orders, timesheets, machine
checklists, receiving records, expense reports, and service
* Efficiently manage inventory levels to maximize inventory turns
while minimizing return trips to customers.
* Ensure proper communication of customer preventative maintenance
schedules and future service needs.
* Estimate machine repair requirements and prepare necessary data
to provide an accurate repair quote to the customer.
* Responsible for proper and safe use, maintenance, and reporting
of all Tennant Company property. This includes trucks, trailers,
tools, and equipment.
* Partner with sales representatives concerning potential customer
applications for equipment replacements.
* Consistently present a professional image, both in personal
appearance and condition of company equipment.
* Assist manager by making territory boundary changes and customer
* Must be able to lift 60 pounds, with most items weighing between
2 and 20 pounds. Occasionally may be required to lift items
weighing up to 90 pounds. Assistance should be provided for items
weighing over 60 pounds.
* Position requires sitting, standing, twisting, reaching, pushing,
* Position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, or squatting
daily. May be up to 30% of the day.
* Position requires driving a van to and from customer sites daily,
an average of 500 miles/week.
* High school diploma or equivalent, vocational school coursework a
* Minimum of two years' work experience to include:
* Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing mobile equipment.
* Demonstrated experience working with one or more of the
following: mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems, air and
water-cooled combustion engines, and diesel-gas-LP powered
* Demonstrated experience working in direct contact with customers
on service-related activities.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal
* Safely use hand and power shop tools, equipment, and diagnostic
* Basic understanding and knowledge of how to use a personal
computer, including MS Office Suite, email, and proprietary Tennant
* Understand and manage expenses within the service operation.
* Good verbal communication skills, customer-centric attitude, and
* Basic estimating and inventory management skills.
* Valid driver's license plus meet Tennant Company driving policy
Let us introduce you to Tennant Company. We are everywhere. In your
sports clubs, shopping malls, office buildings, parking lots. We
make things that make things look like new. We bring new cleaning
ideas to market. There is new dirt every day and our machines clean
it up. With manufacturing operations and sales, service and support
functions across globe, your journey at Tennant can take you places
you never expected. If you want to get your hands dirty on a
project, step up with your own ideas, or maybe even explore talents
you never knew you had, Tennant Company is a place where that can
happen. Because at Tennant, we like to think like new. Begin your
journey with us. Let's reinvent how the world cleans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment
decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability,
reliability, productivity, and other factors important to
performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected
by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Keywords: Tennant Company, Sioux City , Field Mechanic, Engineering , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!