Company: Ag Processing Inc
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Are you an Accountant looking for something a little
challenging and different?
- Do you want a long-term career with a successful company?
- Are you looking for a great work/life balance along with a
Ag Processing Inc (AGP) is seeking an Accountant to join the team
at our office in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa! This unique position plays a
key role in the success of our business. In this role you will gain
experience and exposure to a variety of accounting functions across
multiple processing facilities. AGP Accountants truly learn the
business and complete monthly physical inventory of plant
commodities, making this role a dynamic and unique hands-on
experience. This position will prepare the successful candidate for
future advancement opportunities within the company and a long-term
career with a great organization!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily review of various accounting activities
- Assisting with mid-month and month-end physical inventory of
- Prepare accurate and timely production work papers for the
- Prepare journal entries
- Maintain assigned capital & expense project records
- Reconcile general ledger account balances
- Prepare & analyze financial statements and prepare various
other financial information
- Assist with product invoicing, grain settlements, payroll and
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge and execution of Generally Accepted Accounting
- Ability to make sound business judgments in resolving generally
understood and/or more complex accounting issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Oracle experience is a
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, problem solving,
decision making and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as the
ability to work with diverse internal and external customers.
- Ability to complete physical inventory of plant commodities by
means of climbing ladders, tall platforms, being in a noisy
environment and possibly entering small spaces.
Ag Processing Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates
Ag Processing Inc is a cooperatively-owned agribusiness engaged in
procuring, processing, marketing, and transporting of oilseeds,
grains, and related products. Since our creation in 1983, AGP has
grown in size, scope, and reputation -- both in the U.S. and
internationally. Our company has become one of the largest soybean
processing cooperatives in the world and has a diverse set of
products, which includes renewable fuels, vegetable oil refining,
ag products/grain, and international operations. AGP values its
employees by offering competitive pay and a compensation package
- 100% employer funded pension plan
- 401k (roth and traditional options) with a company match
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Health savings account, medical and dependent care flex
- Paid time off
Keywords: Ag Processing Inc, Sioux City , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!